Youth Worker Stanford-le-Hope.
Youth Worker Stanford-le-Hope.
24-7 Prayer Stanford are a Christian community who champion young people in Corringham and Stanford-le-Hope, Essex.
Our aim is to empower young people and their families to flourish, to be released into their full potential and have hope for their future.
We achieve this through offering holistic and long-term support through targeted education and an emphasis on meeting emotional and practical needs.
Job Description: Youth Worker
We are looking for a talented and charismatic individual to join our dynamic schools team. The Youth Worker will play an integral role within our overarching work with young people in Stanford-le-Hope. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with young people in a variety of settings. They will be self-motivated, a creative thinker, compassionate, energetic, confident and able to communicate professionally/effectively with young people, their families and other services. The candidate will be a team player and can demonstrate strong leadership skills.
32 hours per week
- Be a fully committed member of 24-7 Prayer Stanford and its schools team: serving the town through supporting young people, their families & local schools
- To build authentic and meaningful relationships with young people, through: mentoring, running clubs and delivering targeted aspirational courses
- To teach small groups young people in informal settings, tutoring/supporting them in their studies
- To build and maintain the spiritual life of the Corringham and Stanford Schools Trust: hosting times of prayer/worship, delivering teaching and to disciple young people
- To champion young people in the town and have vision for new opportunities to grow and expand the work of the schools team
*Duties and responsibilities of the post may change over time as requirements and circumstances change. The person in the post may also be required to carry out such other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
Strengths, Skills and Experience
You will be a prayerful, mission minded individual that understands the 24-7 Prayer Stanford schools work in a wider picture of bringing the Kingdom of God to Stanford. You will be passionate about working with poor and vulnerable young people.
You will be able to mentor young people with a variety of needs, planning sessions and offering consistent support. You will be easily adaptable and able to work as part of a dynamic team. You will have skills in working in informal and formal settings and able to use creativity to enhance student learning. You will be organised, able to keep records, and follow safeguarding practices and charity policies. You work towards deadlines, able to multitask, manage responsibilities and project demands.
You will have experience of working in a team and working in creative/pioneering projects. You can demonstrate intuition, good decision making and have robust leadership skills. You will have good punctuality, a strong work ethic and can be assertive, where appropriate; especially when setting boundaries for young people. You will have experience of being a consistent and reliable support to young people and can demonstrate an ability to disciple.
For more info or an application pack, contact Charlotte Harman: firstname.lastname@example.org